If you’re reading this page you’re probably a modern woman facing a major transition in your life, the menopause; perhaps you are overwhelmed with symptoms that feel out with your control. Hot flushes and night sweats, sleep disturbance, excess weight, distressing brain fog, a non-existent sex life or mood swings you can’t get your head around – let alone the people around you!
I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist and a fully qualified Menopause Relief Practitioner. My passion is helping you to realise your potential at all stages in your life, both mentally and physically using the most powerful tool you have – your mind. Dealing with the menopause is no different!
My aim is to help you manage your symptoms and emotions as well as your physical wellbeing by:
- Teaching self-help techniques to enable you to quickly reduce the symptoms of hot flushes allowing you to feel calmer, in control and above all cooler!
- Helping you to make any necessary lifestyle changes such as reducing alcohol and caffeine intake, reducing stress levels, healthy eating and motivation for regular exercise- all of which can help alleviate your symptoms
- Addressing any anxieties that may be affecting your general mood
- Uncovering and resolving any fundamental beliefs which could be affecting your self-esteem or confidence.
- Assisting you to develop a new approach and attitude to your menopause, ensuring this becomes a positive phase in your life.
- Giving you control of your menopause back!
What are Menopause Symptoms
Many of us will experience a range of these early symptoms of menopause. These are caused by changing levels of hormone production in our bodies, particularly the reduction of oestrogen produced in our ovaries. At this stage many of us may still have periods. This causes confusion amongst many women and indeed their doctors, who wrongly assume that symptoms of the menopause only occur after periods stop. It is common to experience early menopausal symptoms whilst still having periods. Symptoms vary from woman to woman and also in their severity.
You may have find you have some or all of these symptoms:
• Hot flushes
• Night sweats
• Vaginal dryness
• Mood swings
• Declining libido
• Ageing skin
• Lack of energy
• Joint pains
• Weight gain
• Changes in hair quality
Remember ladies, menopause doesn’t have to be all bad! While some of the symptoms can be frustrating, others can be managed.